Requirements for Travelling to DOC Islands
Our vessel(s)/company is/are licensed by DOC and the Auckland Council to visit islands in the Hauraki Gulf
This is what you must to do to prepare for your trip:
- Check your bags for stowaways: mice, rats, Argentine ants and rainbow skinks
- Ensure your footwear, clothing and bags are clean and free of soil and seeds.
- Pack your lunch in a rodent-proof container eg. hard plastic with lid.
- Make sure everything you bring is in a sealed or zipped closed bag. Food must be packed into rodent-proof/sealed containers. No open bags or boxes.
- Any camping or overnight gear must be thoroughly checked for pest stowaways.